Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Departure from the Bible Now Loading on Track 29

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 1 Timothy 4:1

What an old crab I have become! I miss the days when I was a young crab.

I have had a zeal for speaking of errors that are a hazard to those of the faithful. I am especially concerned about those who follow teachings of the various Corporate Churches, without checking them out in the Bible.

I don't know about other countries, but I do know that Americans like to sit and watch or listen to the pros. Americans are great at doing, but shun thinking. So, instead of tossing a football with the kids, it is deemed preferable to get lots of goodies and see how the pros get their concussions.

In a similar way, we can take the kids to church and hear what the "Reverend" has to say. The "Reverend" is a pro, too, so follow what he tells you. Shut up and listen to the expert.

In the Bible, the term "reverend" is used only of God, and since His Word has become available, I want to check out what "Reverends" say in contrast to what God says. Of course, it depends on the church and the particular man or woman who speaks in the place of God.

There is an old saying that England and America are two nations divided by a common language. Once I thought that different denominations were divided by their misinterpretations of a common Bible, but I see that this very dividing problem is being solved by just ignoring the Word altogether.

Besides being a crab I may sound hopeless. Not so. I find the truth being put forth boldly on the Internet. The old lies, beginning in Genesis, are revealed there, and so are their answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment