Sunday, May 12, 2013

How Unsearchable Are His Judgments

...how unsearchable are his judgements, and his ways past finding out! Romans 11:33

My wife and I used to take our Irish Setter Emmy for rides, she loved to ride. Once after about a five hundred mile return from vacation, we returned to our car for the rest of our luggage. She thought we were going for another ride and eagerly jumped back into the car.

But one of our rides was to the vet for her annual shots. When we arrived she jumped out of the car eager for a walk. Then her sensitive nose caught the scent of the doctor's office. She lunged so hard that she pulled the leash from my hand and trailed it behind her as she ran from car to car and jumped up on them as if to say, "Can I get into your car? These people want to torture me!"

Am I any wiser towards God? I used to struggle when I wanted a refuge from Him--"Can you hide me?" So many times I hear supposedly wise people, little Solomons, who would question their Maker. It is common for them to ask, "Why does he do this? What are his reasons?"

Worst of all, perhaps, are those who attempt to give the answers to these questions. Please, preachers and would-be wise men, do not even try.

Like a wild horse, I needed to be tamed. I had to learn to trust my Master. A little Psalm says it for me. I would like to share it with you.

Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine: eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.
Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.
Psalm 131:1, 2

I am so glad that God is infinite and beyond all understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment