Sunday, November 18, 2012

But Now, Jesus Said, "But Now"

The kingdom of God has been made so mystical and mysterious. Like only "experts" understand the kingdom. They tell us it is very hard to understand. Trouble with me is, I don't trust the "experts". I even put them in quote marks like they're not really experts at all.

Did Mary know about the kingdom of God? She certainly could not even read. Some people think that she was a simple, pure, woman who was not an expert at all. But she had a great advantage over all the others--the angel Gabriel spoke to her.

Gabriel told Mary about her baby's destiny. "He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David." Luke 1:32.

"his father David." Now Mary could understand this. David is documented in the Bible very well. No one's name is mentioned in the Bible more than David's . His throne is spoken of too.

This is not mysterious at all. Now I am going to say something shocking. The throne of David and his kingdom will be the Kingdom of God on the earth.

But experts say His kingdom is not of this world. Didn't Jesus himself say so?

Let us look at what Jesus said to Pilate:

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world, : if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. John 18:36.

But now, Jesus said. It was not yet time for him to be king. He had to die first.

No comments:

Post a Comment