Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mousie Versus Alex

PWhen the Himalyan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride,
He shouts to scare the monster, who will often turn aside.
But the she-bear thus accosted rends the peasant tooth and nail.
For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.
Rudyard Kipling, The Female of the Species

My cat, Mousie was so small she used to sleep in a shoe. Even when she grew up she was small. One day I was playing in the yard when I saw her run for her life. A large male German Shepherd named Alex almost got her. She went high in a willow tree. She remained there for quite a time, until I coaxed her down into my arms.

Later, Mousie had her first kittens. While they were yet young, we had them in a wicker laundry basket on the back porch, enjoying the sunny day. Suddenly, Mousie jumped from the basket and raced across the lawn. Alex had returned, and was standing by the willow tree. Mousie turned sideways and fluffed out her fur. She pursued the startled Shepherd until he ran away. Her kittens had been defended by my little mother cat.

Our country is in peril, and thus our children. How I hope that mothers will defend their children as Mousie defended her kittens. Evil is upon our land. I hope to see the day when those who can will take their children from the influence of those who would, for example, teach them to put condums on cucumbers, so they may learn the methodology of so-called safe sex.

These people are not merely mistaken, they are evil. I hope to see their prey defended by mothers who are as brave as my little cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment