Friday, May 30, 2014

God Will Not Forget You

O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! Job 14:13

If Job had a favorite flower I'll bet it was the Forget Me Not. For Job expected to be dead and in his grave until after the great tribulation. I believe that is what he meant by "until thy wrath be past", because that is the greatest wrath of God in the future for him, or for anyone else.

After this wrath, God will resurrect Job and other saints--those not made alive in the Rapture. We find a perfect description of this resurrection in Daniel 12:2. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

For Job, like David--and even like me--knew that in this present life we all are mortal. We die completely, until God brings us back to life in a series of resurrections.

Almost all people believe we have a separate, immortal soul that peels off when we die. My beloved Baptists use this concept in witnessing. "Do you know where you'll be fifteen minutes after you die?" I have a rough idea where. Probably in this apartment. Hopefully in bed, maybe in the kitchen. I almost died there in the "peanut butter incident".

But I am certain that my immortal soul will not have traveled alone and gone to heaven. I don't have one. I have this certainty from studying the Bible. There simply is no such an idea in the Bible. If anyone knows where there is, please tell me in the comment section and I will print it.

How miserable a heretic I must be, think some. I think they are death deniers. Their natural minds cannot conceive the idea that they will die. It's an old controversy. It began in Eden. God said that man would return to the dust. Satan denied it.

Someday soon I will die. Fifteen minutes later I will still be dead. I will be hidden in a grave next to my wife in Centralia, Missouri. No newspaper notice, no funeral, just an unmarked grave. I may soon be forgotten. But I am sure God will remember me, just as He will remember you.

No comments:

Post a Comment