Thursday, February 12, 2015

Who Only Hath Immortality

Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto, whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
1 Timothy 6:16

I can't dance. Too uncoordinated I guess. But I admire those who can, and like to watch them. So, I enjoy the motions of those who try to wriggle out of the above scripture. To a naive literalist, like myself, "who alone hath immortality" means that God is the only one who is immortal.

But, I told you I can't dance. For those who can, "who only hath immortality" means that everyone is immortal. That is some dancing! As an old cat, I should expect this scripture twisting, and I do.

I believe that our immortality is future. Again, naively, I base this futurity on scriptures.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 1 Corinthians 15:53

Sure sounds like resurrection, doesn't it? Since I have yet to be resurrected, I know I am not yet immortal.

Told you I can't dance. And in this case I'm glad I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment