Sunday, December 9, 2012

Things You Are Not Allowed to Question

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? Ecclesiastes 3:21

What a skeptical question! But I am informed by experts that this is being asked by "man under the sun," fleshly man, who has not been enlightened. Man under the sun is as wrong as he can be. Since it is the only passage in the Bible dealing with the mortality of man, and it is wrong, then anyone who questions this doctrine is also wrong. That is what the experts say.

But poor man under the sun sometimes gets it right. The experts are the only ones who know when man under the sun is wrong and when he is right. There are plenty of times when man under the sun is right. Good thing I have the experts tell me which is which. They have a big cream separator that splits truth from falsehood.

Just imagine animals and man sharing a common fate! I think of my beloved pets breathing their last breaths. I hate to think of it because I loved them so much. Then I think of myself becoming dust. Makes you think of Genesis. I mean the creation account, and the curse which followed Adam's disobedience.

A lady I know has had the misfortune of asking questions of churches. She told me she has been told, "You ask too many questions!" Sometimes one is too many. It seems like a golden opportunity for someone. People who ask are jewels--like children who always say "Why?". Now we can talk. Imagine someone who knew the Bible well enough so they could answer them. With the right answers, people come back stronger than ever.

"Because I said so" just doesn't make it for so many of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment