Friday, September 27, 2013

"You Never Finish Anything!"

I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. I Corinthians 3:6

I was having a blood sample taken, and when the lady asked for my birthdate, she said, "That's my birthday, too, and my oldest daughter's!" I told her that this makes three Geminis, and we began to talk about their characteristics.

Now I do not follow astrology, but the birth signs do work out amazingly. I asked her if her daughter likes to talk a lot. She told me "She talks all the time!"

"Does your daughter start a lot of projects and then not finish them?" "That's her!" she told me.

This charge has been leveled at me a lot. My friends know my life is a series of unfinished projects. I know this mystifies them. They finish everything, rapidly and well. My defense is that this is quite Biblical. One plants, another waters, but both will be rewarded, as in the scripture above.

I live in an apartment. My only growing space is a couple of window sills and a couple of containers under lights. I alternate them so everybody gets "tan". I have already asked my best friend to plant them in his yard. I want to tell you what they are: amaranth, burdock, purslain, and believe it or not, a strain of dandelion. All edible weeds.

Back to Geminis. I believe it is the only astrological sign in the Bible. In case anyone does not know (WE all know), it is in Acts 28:11. It is Paul's ship, that he took an amazing voyage on. I have often wondered why God records the name of the ship. It is Castor and Pollax, the twins of the Gemini sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment