Monday, December 16, 2013

Where Will You Be 15 Minutes After You Die?

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you may also be where I am.
John 14:3, NIV

The doorbell rang, and I opened the door to see two young girls who asked me this question. The teaching of a detachable immortal soul that goes to heaven or hell within minutes after the body dies, is a very common witnessing tool. 15 minutes is the time that is usually mentioned for the soul to go to heaven.

The two young ladies were so earnest that I told them I had been a Christian since I was 17 years old. They invited me to their church and gave me a picture postcard showing their church building, their pastor and his wife. I thanked them and they went on their way. I still have the card.

I could have gone to their church and had a good, worshipping experience. Perhaps they had good music too and I know that their church was filled with good people.

The one thing I ache for that I could not have is a discussion. I would have been told that I needed to be re-baptized and then instructed in the doctrine of which they were the possessors. No questions about what my beliefs or Biblical knowledge are.

One of these days soon I will find out where I will go and how long it will take me to get there. I fully believe I will go to heaven with my wife, and beloved friends, led by Jesus. We will go in resurrected bodies, not as disembodied souls.

I believe this because it is plainly taught in the Bible, despite the teachings of the church. If you read and study the Word for, say, 40 years, even a slow learner like I am can pick up a lot of things. You can shed a lot of things too.

As I prepare for my death, my biggest regret is that I was not able to have good talks and scriptural searches with many friends. My searches now are on the Internet, and the wonderful news is that people are catching on to true Biblical doctrine.

Too late for me, but some day I will awaken from my sleep in Christ and I will never be lonely again.

No comments:

Post a Comment