Thursday, February 20, 2014

Who Put the Overhauls in Mrs. Murphy's Chowder?

I checked seventeen Bible translations for a rendering of Acts 12:4. Since I don't read Greek, make that sixteen translations. Only the King James uses "Easter" instead of passover.

Now why do I think this is important--(and I do)? Because it shows that the King James Translators inserted Easter where it ought not be. "Maybe the Jews kept Easter," a friend said to me. Maybe they did, but Luke is the author, and he wrote "passover". Even the New King James gets it right.

Someone may ask "What difference does it make? This is not a diatribe on Jewish practices. Rather, it illustrates that the KJV had an agenda, apart from literal and accurate translation? In fact, I know they did. This, to those who have made a cult of infallibility around my favorite Bible.

So, if they did it one time, did they mistranslate other words? Check them out, many have. "Hell" is not in any original translations. It too was inserted.

Strangely, when anyone has a different translation than the King James, they are attacked as "liberals" and charged with altering God's Word. But it is the KJV translators who have altered God's Word. Those who get it right are the true conservatives.

View the following charts and article on Sheol, Hades, Gehenna, and Tartarus.

No comments:

Post a Comment