Friday, August 1, 2014

While the Morning Stars Sang and the Angels Shouted

While the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy? Job 38:7

When I was a little boy I read that in older times, it was so quiet you could hear the angels sing. I remember standing in the garden and listening for them.

My sister, who knew music, but had a small voice, somehow managed to be invited to sing in the chorus of Cincinnati's May Festival. It is quite a big event each year. Ladies in formal gowns, jewelry glittering everywhere. I was just a kid, but I saw her in the huge group of singers and was impressed.

Imagine a heavenly chorus, in majesty and joy. I think of this when I read the passage in Job. No weak voices there. Job tells of a time long, long ago. But our chorus will be in the glorious future, hopefully not far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment