Tuesday, December 9, 2014

First Resurrection, Then Eternal Life

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. John 11:25

Very plain. Before you can have eternal life, you must be resurrected. The NIV says it very simply, Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; (John 11:25).

Yet those who maintain that we have innate immortality will reach for their worn out rubber stamps that say, "That's just the body!" Scripture does not affect them. Jesus does not affect them. I realize that now. Satan's lie in Eden shall be honored. It appeals to the ego. God is immortal, and since we are gods, we are immortal also. These remarks of mine and the scriptural quotations will have no effect on these people.

So why do I write them? It is to go on the record. Those who deny human mortality, and who read my few words, can never deny that they have heard a contrary voice.

The resurrection is not just the icing on the cake--an additional benefit. If a proposed "soulish state" is so much superior to being raised with a glorified body, then what is the point of God's gift of resurrection? Without our bodies being resurrected, we are dead. We are not in heaven or the imaginary hell.

There may be no one who wants to hear my words, but I feel much more at peace having written them.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder about cremation all the time and our resurrected bodies

    ReplyDelete