Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Eh, What's Up Dock?

Actually, that is what's up. A tiny baby Dock plant.

It does not know it, but it is just a kind of token plant. I just want one, that's all. I want to see it's second set of true leaves. It only has two leaves now, but they are sturdy and off to a good start.

I love seedlings, don't you? No matter what the odds they are all optimists. "We can make it!" is what they seem to say.

I don't know about the others, but I plan on this one making it. It is close to a fluorescent light. Every breath I take gives it it's vital atmosphere. I will always know what a curly dock looks like, since I will have watched it as a child.

It is a biennial, except in long warm seasons. But having babies or seeds at age two is doing very well, don't you think?

I don't want it to get a big head from all this attention though. I mean, after all, as wonderful as it is, it's no giant Amaranth, or even a Lamb's Quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment