Thursday, March 12, 2015

I Don't Want to Cross Over Jordon

When a lady heard I was going to the Holy Land, she asked if I could please bring her a stone from the banks of the Jordan River. I could tell that it meant a lot to her. When I stood on the river's bank, I found her a pebble, and my wife took a picture of the location.

The Jordan is important in the Bible. So why don't I want to "cross over Jordan"? I have nothing against this river, but I have a much higher hope. I want to go to heaven.

Ideas concerning the history of Israel have been planted in our imaginations, as if they were about the church. The Gospel song "Beulah Land" does this when it combines God's promise of the land of Israel with our hope of heaven. So, Beulah Land for those to whom it was intended. Heaven will be or home.

When New Jerusalem comes down from above, both the church and the twelve tribes will live there. Until then,I like mashed potatoes and ice cream, but not mixed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment