Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Temporary Victory of the Grave

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1 Corinthians 15:55

Once again, Paul does not seem to know that the grave has no victory. As soon as we die our souls go to heaven. That's what I have been told, so it must be true.

But Paul has a very different point. It is when we are resurrected that we have victory over the grave. He says it very plainly in verse 54. I realize that this is a very upsetting idea to many. It would be to me also if I had not read the Bible's answer to the victory of the grave.

This is quite personal to me. My wife lies in her grave, not far away. Soon I will join her. We will sleep in Christ until he comes. No 15 minute trip of our immortal souls to heaven, but His resurrection will take us to heaven.

Am I "resurrection happy"? Yes, very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment